Samsung Galaxy flagships are often ranked high for their exceptional camera performance. However, Google Camera (GCam) ports can further enhance the quality – especially the HDR+ performance is phenomenon.
We don’t have a dedicated port for the S10 serious yet but fortunately some Snapdragon 845 Google Camera ports are reported to work with the S10 series devices. I have tested it out on S10+ and yeah! It works.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ENABLE Google Camera ON GALAXY S10:
- Uninstall any GCam APK you already have installed
- Download this apk and install it.
- Go to Settings > Advanced. Go to base and change interface style to Pixel 3 and front camera to Pixel 3 XL and go back.
- If you’re on Oreo turn on alternative config for night sight. If you’re on One UI Beta leave it alone.
- Go into Settings > Advanced > FIX and set viewfinder format to YUV_420_888 and make sure RAW format is RAW_SENSOR.
Optional: At bottom advanced tab enable HDR+ control to choose when auto HDR+ and HDR+ Enhanced are used. Enhanced takes more frames and produces a better image, but takes longer. HDR+ auto is instant.
And now you have a much better camera, making this phone even better than it already was. Big thanks to the dev community at XDA, especially Arnova8G2.